What is a Lunch and Learn Session?
A Lunch and Learn Session can range anywhere from 45 to 60 minutes and is designed to be a short training or presentation session facilitated to employees during their lunch break.
Lunch and Learn Sessions can be held in an employee cafeteria, auditorium, or even in a conference room. What sets this concept apart from other training programs is the accessibility and less formal structure of this approach.
Lunch and Learn Sessions are an easy way to develop and motivate employees while creating a workplace of communication, collaboration and learning. The session may also cover important issues and promote an open platform of information for employees.
Key Benefits of a Lunch and Learn Program
- The sessions make excellent use of time, which is already limited throughout the day.
- The brief informal setting allows a better channel for understanding and getting the point across.
- Group training reinforces the overall company culture.
- Creates critical awareness for issues at hand.
- Effectively introduces any new organizational initiatives.
- Boosts employee morale.